Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Celebrate Me Home



Clay sang this song as the closing number for the first act of his Christmas play during the Joyful Noise 2005 Tour. I don't think I have ever heard a sweeter song than this. I found out later that it was written by Kenny Loggins whose music I had not heard before and I came to appreciate what a gifted writer he is. While Clay was on the tour, his house was in the final stages of being built in his home town of Raleigh, North Carolina and I think about how happy he must have been to look forward to moving home. He sings the song with such sweet longing that it makes me want to cry every time I hear it. I can imagine the long bus rides between venues and how he must have felt that with every mile and every song he was that much closer to being home.

Celebrate Me Home - Kenny Loggins

Home for the holidays,
I believe Ive missed each and every face,
Come on and play my music,
Lets turn on the love light in the place

Its time I found myself,
Totally surrounded in your circles
Whoa, my friends

Please, celebrate me home,
Give me a number,
Please, celebrate me home
Play me one more song,
That Ill always remember,
And I can recall,
Whenever I find myself too all alone,
I can sing me home.

Uneasy highway,
Traveling where the westerly winds can fly,
Somebody tried to tell me,
But the men forgot to tell me why,

I gotta count on being gone,
Come on woman, come on daddy,
Be what you want from me,
Im this strong, Ill be weak

Please, celebrate me home,
Give me a number,
Please, celebrate me home
Play me one more song,
That Ill always remember,
I can recall,
Whenever I find myself too all alone,
I can make believe Ive never gone,
I never know where I belong,
Sing me home.

Please, celebrate me home,
Give me a number,
Please, celebrate me home
Play me one more song,




Technorati tags: , , , , , , , ,

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the video. I wasn't able to attend the Christmas tour this year around. Wish I had. Celebrate Me Home is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebrate Me Home is a beautiful song...especially when sung by Clay. Thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great song - but it wasn't the closing song. It was in the first half of the show! He surely brought something new to the table with his rendition. It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GraphicsinMind-Ramy8:59 PM

    I loved this song. I wish they would add it to MCWL. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this performance so much. Remember when Raleigh had the lights wrapping around the RBC spelling "We celebrate you home". I'm sure this was a very poignant song for Clay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh I miss that Voice! And that black suit sure was pretty on Clay.

    ReplyDelete