Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Elvis Lives!


Shocking elimination week followed the AI template as set on previous seasons. Chris is out and now there are 3. Yawn.

According to an article on People.aol.com

Elvis, the original American Idol, is also one of the great pop-star nightmares: The gloppy tentacles of success got their suction cups all over that one and pulled him down and away. The thought of Clay Aiken’s arteries clogged with fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches…it’s sad beyond description.


I have to agree with Tom Gliatto, I immediately think of Clay Aiken whenever I think about Elvis. Well, I didn't before last summer, but I do now. Clay's summer tour 2005 was called the Jukebox Tour, aptly named because he sang over 70 Rock & Roll #1 hits from the 50s till today. One of the sets was a tribute to Elvis and I think the AI finalists should have studied the video of Clay singing the crap out of Elvis. This is how it's done guys! He captured the essence of Elvis without becoming an Elvis impersonater or doing a karaoke preformance. His voice is superb and just because I like you, the readers, I'll embed a player to show you what last night should have been. Wait till you see what he did with Sam Cooke, Earth Wind & Fire and Prince! Maybe another day. Watch this!





Technorati tags: , , , , , , , ,

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:52 PM

    Chexxxy, thank you for linking to that video. Clay does a fantastic job with Elvis songs. I can't wait to see the rest of the videos you mentioned! Maybe you'll link to them soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never get tired of watching him. Boy did he surprise a lot of people at that first concert. Who knew? Thanks for reminding me how incredible a performer Clay is. BTW - figured out how to put that link thing in on our blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog. Clay singing Elvis...amazing. I just an't get enough of him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh. Thanks for the video. It sure looks familiar! I'm glad to have provided it! I hope it gets many many viewers! Gotta love YouTube!!

    p.s. I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great video. Clay just knows how to bring it.

    I miss him. Can't wait for the new CD and tour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the Elvis part was my favorite of the Jukebox Tour. Thanks for sharing this video.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:06 PM

    You don't need to publish this comment, but I think the blog called Adam and Leon is really a hater's site. I didn't read much, but it looked bad.

    Just wanted to let you know, you might want to pass the word to other clay bloggers. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete