Friday, May 26, 2006

Sailing Takes me Away



There is a rumor going around that Clay will be covering some songs from the 80s and 90s along with the originals on his upcoming new CD. One of my favorite songs on the Jukebox Tour last summer was a hit from the 80s by Christopher Cross. I would love a studio version of this song. Clay sounds so amazing when he sings it live in concert, I can hardly imagine what a professionally produced version would sound like, but I'd be happy as heck to find out.

If we consider that covering a song from another artist is a tribute. then Clay pays Christopher Cross quite the compliment by choosing this song. I'll include a player of both Mr. Cross's version and of Clay's. You decide if Clay does it justice.



That, of course, was Clay. Now let's listen to Mr. Cross.



Technorati tags: , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment