Saturday, April 07, 2007

Deja Vu All Over Again

Ah, the good old days, when singers sang their hearts out on American Idol and there was an innocence and sincerity to it all.

I watched a few episodes this year and I am so over this show that I needed to watch Clay Aiken's journey to clear my palate. This year they are going through the motions but the thrill is gone. The show has reached its saturation point for me and these performances bring me back to remembering why Clay Aiken is still the best thing that ever happened to AI. This is the level of talent that is missing this year. The goosebump inducing joy of discovering a great voice and watching this guy develop his style and becoming a STAR!

Open Arms



Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me



Sugarpie Honeybunch



Somewhere Out There



Someone Else's Star



Everlasting Love



At This Moment



Tell Her About It



I Could Not Ask For More



Build Me Up Buttercup



Solitaire



To Love Somebody



Grease



Vincent



Mack The Knife



Unchained Melody



This Is The Night



Bridge Over Troubled Water



Ain't No Stoppin'Us Now



Solitaire 2004



Fantasy 2004



AI5 Clay Surprises a Fan

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:51 PM

    You are a fan just as I am. Nice to see your bog and videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OneIdolWoman8:26 PM

    Chexxxy,

    I agree with you. I'm watching AI, but the thrill is gone. No matter the number of votes recorded for Clay that last night of AI2. He was the winner. Clay is the American Idol. No one will match him, and certainly, no one will surpass him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. always and forever loving clay aiken9:51 PM

    AI6 = BOOOOR-ING!! Some of the contestants can sing but they lack that spark of "it" that Clay brought to the stage. Each and every time. He brought it in spades and he still does.

    His 2004 Solitaire performance still gives me chills. He looked and sounded every inch the star that he is!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the best wasted Easter Sunday ever! These were so lovely to watch again. Each and every one of them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:01 PM

    Thank you so much for the beautiful videos of gorgeus Clay.
    I too am soooo bummed out about AI this year, it is awful. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:19 PM

    I watched again. Still great. I love
    Clay Aiken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lizzybutts5:23 PM

    Well what a delightful walk down memory lane! Watched it twice, still love it every single time I hear all of the songs. Can't ever seem to get enough. He really is fabulous isn't he. :) Thank you so much. To have them all here in one spot is such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:37 PM

    You're right, there is absolutely no one that comes close to that voice or that personality.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete