Saturday, November 24, 2007

Clay Aiken Christmas Sampler

Clay's 4th annual Christmas Tour begins on Monday November 26th in Wichita Kansas. Each year Clay gives us a new and creative way to present the most beautiful songs of the season. In 2004 he incorporated his band with orchestra plus local Elementary and High School Choirs at each venue. My favorite songs from that year are:

Oh Holy Night


Silent Night


I'll Be Home For Christmas


Good News


The Joyful Noise Tour of 2005 was my favorite because it was a homespun and sweetly poignant play written by Clay. He invited local community theater groups to participate and he became the soundtrack, singing the songs that illustrate each vignette. If that weren't enough, he also embodied the Gaurdian Angel that watches over the life of a lonely older woman and the young boy next door that came to visit. Heck we even got snow!

Christmas Time


Celebrate Me Home


Mary Did You Know


Beautiful Star Of Bethlehem


In 2006 Clay kept it simple. Just a 42 piece orchestra, his voice and a lot of witty audience interaction. Clay Aiken the comedian combined with jaw dropping talent. What better way to say Merry Christmas and celebrate the birth of Christ?

My Grownup Christmas List


Sleigh Ride


O Come O Come Emmanuel


All Is Well


I can't wait to see what he has in store for us this year!

.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:53 AM

    Chexxy I come here to commend you on keeping it positive, and what do I find? The very first comment you approved is from a hater. Why can't you just ignore these assholes. They love to yank your chain and you continue to hand it over to them. Take a cue from Clay - take the high road. Ignore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:27 AM

    The only one doing the stalking and harassing is a balding psychopath with no job prospects,a penchant for vodka and an obsession over Clay Aiken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:55 AM

    I love the Christmas tour and can't wait to see him in Wichita!

    ReplyDelete
  4. keepclaysafe1:04 PM

    Hi Chexxxy

    Thanks for the quick link down memory lane. One more day and we get to see what Clay has planned for us this year - can.not.wait!!

    Looks like the future for Clay and us will be filled with all good things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chexxy I come here to commend you on keeping it positive, and what do I find? The very first comment you approved is from a hater.
    4:53 AM

    Gee thanks for chastising me for allowing comments. Was yours marked as being in line for moderation? No? Well maybe I'm not moderating the comments and maybe the first one was from a hater and maybe I didn't approve it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's my grown up Christmas wish. I wish these hater types would go find someone else to hate on and leave us and Clay alone.

    Great blog Chexxxy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could watch and listen to those Youtube videos all day. He is so mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:18 PM

    I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!! If this concert is anything like the others (and why wouldn't it be?), there is sure to be both tears and laughter flowing from this fan!

    No one evokes emotions from me like Clay does when he sings. No one.

    Thanks Chexxy, for posting such great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:37 PM

    I was in Portland OR for that performance of "Please Carry Me Home". While that venue wasn't the most intimate, that song was worth the price of admission. The best of entire tour and I was lucky enough to be there.

    Keep up the good work Chexxxy! Truth always wins.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:43 AM

    I don't think I could ever find enough words to express how much love I have for him and how beautiful he is. Body, mind and soul.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Medusa7:00 AM

    I loved JNT 2005 too. It was Clay's baby and he worked so hard on that play. It was really touching and charming. Every year Clay has done something different and fresh for his Christmas shows. It has become a tradition for our whole family to go. I hope he never stops doing them. It would be wonderful if he could have another TV special as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous9:54 AM

    Chexxxy,

    You can never please all of the people all of the time (see comment at 4:53 am) so don't even try! THE HELL WITH 'EM!

    You know what you are doing, you can look yourself in the mirror with pride and integrity intact, so don't give any credence to the haters.

    You are walking the walking and talking the talk which is much more than I can say for the rest of these haters trying to hurt you.

    I say THANK YOU CHEXXXY for all you have done, and all you are doing. You are a good person and many of us have your back now and always, don't forget that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2:30 PM

    You should always moderate comments. The internet is just an easy tool for haters. It always will be unless they find a way to prosecute people for cyber harrassment.
    And thank you for the great Christmas youtube links. Clay is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete